Business Development Manager - $2,000 bursary
The Building Up Successful Youth (BUSY) foundation is looking for a 2017-2018 fourth year student from Mount Royal University to be our Business Development Manager over the upcoming school year.
BUSY has been growing as an organization in terms of scope, and aiming to target scale in the next 12 months in the areas of student engagement for our Creators and Connector programs.
We are looking for a student to fulfill this part time role, for our not for profit organization, to help:
- Spend about 1-2 hours a week dedicated to their Business Development role, that includes;
- Raise the profile of the BUSY foundation within the student body at MRU, and increase student engagement with the Connector & Creators programs
- Develop strategies to expand our programs
- Assist in helping BUSY execute on fundraising and awareness events
Opportunity for winning candidate:
- The BUSY Foundation will be providing a $2,000 (bursary) to be put towards this student's tuition and / or other MRU costs.
- This student will gain experience for developing programs in a growing not for profit organization that has contributed over $100,000 over the last five years to MRU and charitable causes.
- Develop a professional network with an organization that helps students identify their career roadmap and connect them with professionals in the field they're aspiring to be in.
Format of response:
A max 5 slide presentation (PowerPoint, KeyNote, PDF, etc) that outlines your plan to achieve the goals listed above, your idea to help further develop the programs BUSY has already established, and ideas of where the BUSY Foundation could provide new services that is consistent with the overall aim of the foundation.
All responses should be submitted in a digital format to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than EOD Tuesday August 8th.
Top 3 students will be interviewed in person or via a call by Friday August 11th.
Winning student will join our next board meeting on Tuesday August 15th at 5pm at Bankers Hall.